Thank you for visiting the SaveMySales website together with its content, subdomains, tools and services, the (“Site”).
We are committed to respecting your online privacy and recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of any personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) you share with us. “Personal Information” means any information that may be used, either alone or in combination with other information, to personally identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, personal profile, a home or other physical address, an email address or other contact information.
Consent and Modification
Receipt and Collection of Information
We receive and/or collect information from you in the following ways:
A. General Access to the Site
We do not currently require you to provide Personal Information in order to have access to general information available on our Site.
B. User Accounts
In order to provide you with certain services we provide, you may be required to create an Account and provide us with information such as your name, user name, email address, and a password that you will use for your Account and other specified information. It is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always log-out before leaving the Site to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
We may provide you, via the Site, with the opportunity to contact us, receive communications from us, or meet us at a conference, webinar or another program (collectively “Events”). In order to participate in any of these Events, you will be required to provide certain Personal Information which may include your name, company, job title, address, email address, and phone number.
D. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Some of our Site pages utilize “cookies” and other tracking technologies. Cookies are small files placed on your hard drive that can help us analyze our web page flow, customize our services, content and advertising, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services. Please consult the HELP menu of your browser to understand more about how to block cookies.
- You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the sites that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
Our third party partners may employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), images, and scripts that help them better manage content on our site. These companies help operate our websites and provide you with additional products and services. They are subject to confidentiality agreements and other legal restrictions. We do not permit any third party company to collect personal information using cookies or web beacons on our Site.
E. Log Files
Like many other websites, this Site may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes the IP address from which you access the Site, the type of browser and operating system you use to access the Site, the date and time you access the Site, the pages you visit, and the addresses of pages from where you followed a link to the Site. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movement around the Site, and gather demographic information. Such information is not linked to any information that is Personal Information, with the exception of the IP address.
Publicly Available Information
Any information, video, image, data, text, documents, or other content posted at your direction onto a public area of the Site, such as our blog, becomes publicly published content and will be available to all users of that public area of the Site, even if such content contains Personal information.
The Way We Use Personal Information
If you submit Personal Information to us through the Site:
- We will use your Personal Information to improve our services to you, to contact you and to identify and authenticate your access to the Site’s services that you are authorized to access.
- We may also use your email address to send updates, a newsletter or news regarding our services. You may choose not to receive emails of this type by following the unsubscribe mechanism within the email or by sending a single email with the subject “UNSUBSCRIBE” to email@example.com. Please note that the email must come from the email account you wish to unsubscribe.
- We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Site and its services if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce our Terms of Service including investigations of potential violations thereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues, or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of SaveMySales, Inc., its users, yourself or the public.
The Way We Use Anonymous Information
We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below), or disclose it to third party service providers, to improve our services and enhance your experience with the Site and its services. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Site and services.
You may choose whether or not to provide Personal Information to the Site. If you choose not to provide the Personal Information we request, you can still visit many parts of the Site, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
Access / Accuracy / Retention
To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate and complete Personal Information. If you have an Account, you may log-in to your personal profile at any time and add information, delete information or correct any incorrect information we have. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our User Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Links to Other Sites
Our Site contains links to other sites. Other sites may also reference or link to our Site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites.
Social Media Features and Widgets
We post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on our web site which may contain personally identifiable information. We obtain the customer’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial.
The Site is not intended for or structured to attract children under the age of 18. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 18 years of age.
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Personal Information the App Collects
When you install the App, we are automatically able to access certain types of information from your Shopify account:
- Information about you and others who may access the App on behalf of your store, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, and billing information;
- Information about individuals who visit your store, such as their IP address, web browser details, time zone, and information about the cookies installed on the particular device.
- write_themes: Access to the Asset and Theme sections of your Shopify store.
- read_customers: Access to Customer data from your Shopify store.
- read_orders and write_orders: Access to Order Data, as well as Abandoned Checkout data from your Shopify store.
- write_price_rules: Access to Discounts and Price rules for your Shopify store.
We collect personal information directly from the relevant individual, through your Shopify account, or using the following technologies: “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps. “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the personal information we collect from you and your customers in order to provide the Service and to operate the App. Additionally, we use this personal information to: Communicate with you; Optimize or improve the App; and Provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We will not share or sell personal information we collect on you or your customers with any 3rd party unless explicitly authorized by you. We may at times store this information securely and privately in one of the following 3rd party services:
- Amazon Web Services
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at
You can opt out of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/. You can also manually ask us to remove you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How customers consent to receive text messages – SaveMySales is a data processor, and as such it is the responsibility of our clients (data controllers) to solicit customers’ personal information in a compliant manner. Under the GDPR regulation, consent must be explicit for data collected and the purposes data is used for.
- How customers withdraw consent to receive text messages – SaveMySales is a one-time messaging service. Customers give consent to receive the first message, and, after each message that SaveMySales sends to a customer, that customer is placed on a do-not contact list. If they respond asking not to be texted, then they are assured they are not on a marketing list. If the customer wishes to receive another one-time message from the service, they can do so by opting in again 6 months after the first time they gave consent.
- How long we keep customer data – We are committed to keeping customer records for no longer than necessary. Since 90% of customers who repurchase do so within 5 years, we keep individual customer information for at least 5 years unless we are specifically asked to delete it from our system.
- Right to erasure, access, and portability – Any SaveMySales client can, on behalf of an individual customer, ask that we delete an individual customer’s personal data from our system. Clients may also, on behalf of individual customers, request access to information on how their personal data is being processed. Clients may also, on behalf of individual customers, request access to personal data for the purpose of porting it to another data processos. In any of the above cases, the client can simply send an email to email@example.com. Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
- Data Security Breaches – We are committed to notifying any authorities of breaches within 72 hours of an episode.
- Data Protection Officer – We have appointed a Data Protection Officer. Vladimir Pick, our Chief Technology Officer will serve as our Data Protection Officer as of May 22, 2018. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.